Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiology
This is a full time, permanent (not travel, contract or interm) opportunity with a Level 1 Academic University Hospital
- Career Advancement: Due to hospital growth and expansion, this position offers significant opportunity for advancing your career, whether it be cross training in another modality or moving into leadership positions.
- Industry Leading Benefit Plan: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages to include; Empower + Wellbeing programs, Childcare assistance, adoption assistance, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Professional Growth: This hospital provides numerous ways to grow and learn. In addition to tuition reimbursement and continuing education, there are opportunities for professional growth through formal classroom training, online programs and blended learning experiences in leadership development and job specific development.
- Sign on bonus / relocation package eligibility
Unit Information: As a Registered Nurse in the Cardiovascular Unit, you will care for patients with both common and complex ailments. This 32 bed unit is part of a center of excellence specializing in diagnosing, preventing and treating disorders and illnesses affecting the heart and entire cardiovascular system.
- Cardiovascular Unit is a 32 bed unit (12 stepdown and 20 floor).
- Patient to nurse ratio: 3:1 step down and 5:1 floor
Position Description: Under general supervision, provides nursing care in a hospital to a variety of patients with health problems ranging from simple to complex.
- Assumes responsibility for an assigned group of patients.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Assists physician in the examination of patients and in performing minor diagnostic procedures and treatment.
- Documents patient responses to nursing interventions and prescribed medical treatments; notes all changes in physician order on assigned patients.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Obtains and monitors physiological data of patients, observes the physiological manifestations of patients and intervenes when necessary.
- Administers medication as prescribed. Initiates, regulates and monitors intravenous infusions and blood products.
- Delivers patient care competently.
- Interacts with family and patient in sharing care plan while in the hospital and at time of discharge.
- Informs patient and family of hospital procedures.
- Makes referral regarding patient care needs to appropriate personnel.
- Delegates tasks to support staff.
- Associate degree in Nursing (ADN) is required (BSN is preferred)
- Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing upon hire
- BCLS upon hire.
- One-year of experience in a hospital, acute care setting preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, techniques and procedures.
- Ability to organize, plan, coordinate and evaluate nursing services and apply nursing techniques.
- Knowledge to perform and evaluate diagnostic tests
- Experience working in a team-based environment
- Ability to evaluate multiple patients and respond as needed
- Excellent bedside manner and communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff.
- Ability to respond effectively to cultural and language needs of patients and visitors.
- Ability to manage time effectively, and to remain professional in sensitive situations.
- Basic computer skills.
- Professional, friendly attitude.
- Experience in emergency room or intensive care.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and to fill in when needed
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.