Registered Nurse (RN) - Oncology
This is a full time, permanent (not travel, contract or interm) opportunity with a Level 1 Academic University Hospital
- US News & World Report Top 50 "Best Hospitals for Cancer"
- Career Advancement: Due to hospital growth and expansion, this position offers significant opportunity for advancing your career, whether it be cross training in another modality or moving into leadership positions.
- Industry Leading Benefit Plan: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages to include; Empower + Wellbeing programs, Childcare assistance, adoption assistance, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Professional Growth: This hospital provides numerous ways to grow and learn. In addition to tuition reimbursement and continuing education, there are opportunities for professional growth through formal classroom training, online programs and blended learning experiences in leadership development and job specific development.
- Sign on bonus / relocation package eligibility
Position Description: Under general supervision, provides nursing care in a hospital to a variety of patients with health problems ranging from simple to complex.
- Assumes responsibility for an assigned group of patients.
- Documents patient responses to nursing interventions and prescribed medical treatments; notes all changes in physician order on assigned patients.
- Assists physician in the examination of patients and in performing minor diagnostic procedures and treatment.
- Obtains and monitors physiological data of patients, observes the physiological manifestations of patients and intervenes when necessary.
- Administers medication as prescribed. Initiates, regulates and monitors intravenous infusions and blood products.
- Delivers patient care competently.
- Interacts with family and patient in sharing care plan while in the hospital and at time of discharge.
- Informs patient and family of hospital procedures.
- Makes referral regarding patient care needs to appropriate personnel.
- Delegates tasks to support staff.
- Graduation from an approved school of nursing.
- 1 year experience in an acute care environment preferred.
- Possession of a valid temporary license or permanent license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse prior to entrance on duty. Permanent license must be obtained within 3 months of appointment.
- BLS (American Heart Association) upon hire.
- ACLS (American Heart Association) within 1 year of hire.
- ONS/ONCC Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certificate within 1 year of hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, techniques and procedures.
- Ability to organize, plan, coordinate and evaluate nursing services and apply nursing techniques.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with other employees.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond effectively to cultural and language needs of patients and visitors.
- Some computer skills.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law