Registered Nurse (RN) - OR Circulator
The OR provides an exciting opportunity for RN's who are flexible, energetic, and love to work as a team.
- Direct hire (not travel, contract or PRN) full time opportunity with a brand new, state-of-the-art operative setting.
- Day Shift (Monday - Friday) - Many shifts to pick from.
- Open positions in multiple services lines including Cardiovascular, Transplant, Ortho, Neuro, Robotics, Women's and General Surgery.
- Opportunities for advancing in your career, whether it be cross training in another modality or looking at getting into supervisor or management roles.
- The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages which include; leadership development opportunities, financial support for continuing education (MSN), tuition reimbursement, and many others
The Circulating Nurse is a RN who plans, coordinates, delivers, and evaluates nursing care for patients whose protective reflexes or self-care abilities are potentially compromised during operative or other invasive procedures. Using clinical knowledge, judgment, and clinical-reasoning skills based on scientific principles, the perioperative nurse plans and implements nursing care to address the physical, psychological, and spiritual responses of the patient having an operative or other invasive procedure.
- The Circulating Nurse will be responsible for the direct and indirect provision of professional nursing care of the patients in the operating room.
- The nurse will be accountable for ongoing evaluation and documentation of all components of care delivered to patients within the perioperative environment utilizing the nursing process.
- The Circulating Nurse individualizes patient care according to patient’s health status, age level, and surgery/procedure being performed.
Education: Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience in an acute operating room environment or employees with less than 1 year of acute operating room experience may substitute experience with the completion of department orientation or completion of RN residency program.
Certifications/Registrations Required: Possession of a valid license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse, CNOR preferred. BLS (American Heart Association) upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, techniques and procedures. Excellent understanding of AORN Standards. Ability to organize, plan, coordinate and evaluate nursing services and apply nursing techniques. Ability to maintain good working relationships with other employees. Good verbal and written communication skills. Some computer skills. Ability to work effectively as part of a team providing excellent specialized care.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.