Registered Nurse (RN) - Perioperative Circulator
At Oklahoma’s only comprehensive academic health system, you can work in countless specialty areas and practice settings. Recently named as one of 100 Great Hospitals in America for 2020 by Becker’s Hospital Review, a national publication for healthcare decision-makers. Join a team with a mission of leading healthcare in patient care, education and research.
- Full time, direct hire opportunity (NOT travel or contract position).
- Career Advancement: Due to hospital growth and expansion, this position offers significant opportunity for advancing your career, whether it be cross training in another modality or moving into leadership positions.
- Industry Leading Benefit Plan: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages to include; Empower + Wellbeing programs, Childcare assistance, adoption assistance, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Professional Growth: This hospital provides numerous ways to grow and learn. In addition to tuition reimbursement and continuing education, there are opportunities for professional growth through formal classroom training, online programs and blended learning experiences in leadership development and job specific development.
- Sign-on Bonus / Relocation Package Eligible
The Perioperative Circulator is a RN who plans, coordinates, delivers, and evaluates nursing care for patients whose protective reflexes or self-care abilities are potentially compromised during operative or other invasive procedures. Using clinical knowledge, judgment, and clinical-reasoning skills based on scientific principles, the perioperative nurse plans and implements nursing care to address the physical, psychological, and spiritual responses of the patient having an operative or other invasive procedure.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- The Perioperative Circulator will be responsible for the direct and indirect provision of professional nursing care of the patients in the operating room.
- The nurse will be accountable for ongoing evaluation and documentation of all components of care delivered to patients within the perioperative environment utilizing the nursing process.
- The Perioperative Circulator individualizes patient care according to patient’s health status, age level, and surgery/procedure being performed.
- Graduation from an approved school of nursing.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in an acute operating room environment or employees with less than one (1) year of acute operating room experience may substitute experience with the completion of department orientation or completion of RN residency program.
- Current RN License issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing, or a current multistate compact RN License (eNLC).
- Current Basic Life Support issued by the American Heart Association required upon hire.
- ACLS (American Heart Association) required within 3 months of hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, techniques and procedures.
- Excellent understanding of AORN Standards.
- Ability to organize, plan, coordinate and evaluate nursing services and apply nursing techniques.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with other employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Some computer skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team providing excellent specialized care.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.