Registered Nurse (RN) - Post Trauma
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's only Level 1 Trauma Center, affording nurses the opportunity to experience things here that you won't see anywhere else in the state. We are looking for new or experienced nurses for the post trauma unit. This is a full time, night shift position (7pm - 7am) with rotating weekends.
General Description: Under general supervision, provides nursing care in a hospital to a variety of patients with health problems ranging from simple to complex.
- Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Assumes responsibility for an assigned group of patients.
- Documents patient responses to nursing interventions and prescribed medical treatments; notes all changes in physician order on assigned patients.
- Assists physician in the examination of patients and in performing minor diagnostic procedures and treatment.
- Obtains and monitors physiological data of patients, observes the physiological manifestations of patients and intervenes when necessary.
- Administers medication as prescribed. Initiates, regulates and monitors intravenous infusions and blood products.
- Delivers patient care competently.
- Interacts with family and patient in sharing care plan while in the hospital and at time of discharge.
- Informs patient and family of hospital procedures.
- Makes referral regarding patient care needs to appropriate personnel.
- Delegates tasks to support staff.
- Education: Graduation from an approved school of nursing.
- Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: Possession of a valid temporary license or permanent license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse prior to entrance on duty. Permanent license must be obtained within 3 months of appointment. BLS certification required upon hire. Additional certification(s) may be required based on department, see attachment for details.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, techniques and procedures.
- Ability to organize, plan, coordinate and evaluate nursing services and apply nursing techniques.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with other employees.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond effectively to cultural and language needs of patients and visitors.
- Some computer skills.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time