Registered Nurse (RN) - Trauma Control
This is a direct hire, full time (not travel or contract) opportunity with a Level 1 Academic University Hospital. This "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth. Due to this growth, this position offers significant opportunity for advancing in your career, whether it be cross training in another modality or looking at getting into supervisor or management roles.
- Career Advancement: Due to hospital growth and expansion, these positions offer significant opportunity for advancing your career, whether it be cross training in another modality or moving into leadership positions.
- Industry Leading Benefit Plan: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages which include leadership development opportunities, financial support for continuing education (MSN), tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Sign on bonus / relocation package eligibility
Position Description: Acts as an expert RN in clinical care of injured patients, coordinates trauma team care delivery and system throughput.
- Provides clinical command and control during trauma activations.
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the trauma emergency department.
- Provides oversight of care for injured patients based on evidence-based trauma care guidelines/protocols.
- Provides clinical expertise and input on procedures including, but not limited to, Trauma Intensive Care Unit, Post-Trauma Clinical Unit, Rapid Response, Mass-Transfusion Protocol, and intravenous access.
- Act as the hospital liaison with all pre-hospital emergency medical services and referring facilities throughout Oklahoma and surrounding areas.
- Coordinate, monitor and document patient and clinical care activities.
- Participate in ongoing performance improvement/patient safety processes related to the injured patient population.
- Promote and support a collaborative team approach in providing care for all injured patients.
- Communicate with clinical and management teams to execute and direct patient care services and system throughput.
- Participates in trauma program activities in support of injury prevention, community education, staff and system development.
- Associate degree in Nursing (ADN) is required (BSN is preferred)
- Two (2) years experience as an RN in Emergency/Trauma/Intensive Care. Or substitute a Master’s degree in Nursing for one (1) year of the required experience
- Possession of a valid temporary license or permanent license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse prior to entrance on duty. Permanent license must be obtained within 3 months of appointment.
- CLS required.
- Must obtain TNCC or ATCN and PALS or ENPC within one year.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, techniques and procedures.
- Ability to organize, plan, coordinate and evaluate nursing services and apply nursing techniques.
- Knowledge to perform and evaluate diagnostic tests
- Experience working in a team-based environment
- Ability to evaluate multiple patients and respond as needed
- Excellent bedside manner and communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff.
- Ability to respond effectively to cultural and language needs of patients and visitors.
- Ability to manage time effectively, and to remain professional in sensitive situations.
- Basic computer skills.
- Professional, friendly attitude.
- Experience in emergency room or intensive care.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and to fill in when needed
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law