Registered Nurse (RN) - Trauma Control
This "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth. At Oklahoma’s only comprehensive academic health system, you can work in countless specialty areas and practice settings - including the state’s only freestanding pediatric hospital, a community hospital, the state’s largest physician network with various clinic locations, NCI-designated cancer center and so much more. Recently named as one of 100 Great Hospitals in America for 2020 by Becker’s Hospital Review, a national publication for healthcare decision-makers. Join a team with a mission of leading healthcare in patient care, education and research.
This is a full time, permanent (not travel, contract or interm) opportunity with a Level 1 Academic University Hospital
- Career Advancement: Due to hospital growth and expansion, this position offers significant opportunity for advancing your career, whether it be cross training in another modality or moving into leadership positions.
- Industry Leading Benefit Plan: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages to include; Empower + Wellbeing programs, Childcare assistance, adoption assistance, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Professional Growth: This hospital provides numerous ways to grow and learn. In addition to tuition reimbursement and continuing education, there are opportunities for professional growth through formal classroom training, online programs and blended learning experiences in leadership development and job specific development.
- Sign on bonus / relocation package eligibility
Position Description: Acts as an expert RN in clinical care of injured patients, coordinates trauma team care delivery and system throughput.
- Provides clinical command and control during trauma activations.
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the trauma emergency department.
- Provides oversight of care for injured patients based on evidence-based trauma care guidelines/protocols.
- Provides clinical expertise and input on procedures including, but not limited to, Trauma Intensive Care Unit, Post-Trauma Clinical Unit, Rapid Response, Mass-Transfusion Protocol, and intravenous access.
- Act as the hospital liaison with all pre-hospital emergency medical services and referring facilities throughout Oklahoma and surrounding areas.
- Coordinate, monitor and document patient and clinical care activities.
- Participate in ongoing performance improvement/patient safety processes related to the injured patient population.
- Promote and support a collaborative team approach in providing care for all injured patients.
- Communicate with clinical and management teams to execute and direct patient care services and system throughput.
- Participates in trauma program activities in support of injury prevention, community education, staff and system development.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing upon hire
- BCLS upon hire.
- ACLS required.
- Must obtain TNCC or ATCN and PALS or ENPC within one year.
- Two (2) years experience as an RN in Emergency/Trauma/Intensive Care. Or substitute a Master’s degree in Nursing for one (1) year of the required experience
- Knowledge of nursing theory, standards of nursing care, practices, techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of hospital organization.
- Skill in administering effective nursing care.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with medical staff.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.