Retail Technology Analyst (Reporting)
DRG Professional Services is currently seeking a Technology Reporting Analyst to work for a well known client in downtown Oklahoma City. This position is contract only.
Responsibilities for this role include partnering closely with internal business customers to understand and drive functional business and system requirements with technology-based initiatives in a fast paced environment.
Scope of Requirements/Responsibilities:
Business Analysis and Reporting
- Works closely with business unit personnel and business partners to identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to improve product, service and/or program business processes.
- Reviews, analyzes, and creates detailed documentation of business systems and user needs, including workflow, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify systems, software, business analytics, and reporting.
- Consults with business unit personnel to determine business, functional and technical requirements for specified applications.
- Coordinates the development of all approved versions of business and functional specifications for specified applications.
- Reviews user stories and other technical documents with IT project staff to ensure business requirements are adequately reflected.
- Reviews acceptance criteria with IT project staff to ensure business success criteria are adequately reflected.
- Queries various data sources via SQL for ad hoc analytics
- Uses OLAP and reporting tools to develop regular reports
- Possess aptitude to gain understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
- Understand basic technical architectures.
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on initiatives.
- Acquire basic knowledge of how the product is developed and deployed.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Facilitate team and stakeholder meetings effectively.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to stakeholders and managers - Develop and deliver status reports, requirements documentation and presentations as they relate to the project.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.