RN Manager - Advanced Endoscopy
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's number one ranked comprehensive academic hospital in the state, offering the widest range of medical and surgical services in the region. This locally owned, "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth. We are seeking a bachelors prepared, experienced leader to support the Advanced Endoscopy Department.
At Oklahoma’s only comprehensive academic health system, nurses and health providers work in a collaborative environment with the patient at the center. The Manager of GI/Endoscopy will support all Adult GI/Endoscopy Procedural areas on campus, both General and Advanced procedures that few, if any, other hospitals provide in the Primary Service Area or State.
This is a direct hire, full time (not travel, contract or interm) opportunity with a Level 1 Academic University Hospital.
- Sign on bonus ($10,000) and relocation package ($12,000)
- Benefits: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages which include; leadership development opportunities, financial support for continuing education (MSN), tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Career Growth: Significant opportunity for advancing in your career. This Academic Teaching Hospital values education and upward mobility.
Description: Under general direction, responsible for the planning, manages and coordination of services to ensure that quality health care is delivered in the Adult GI Lab services.
- Coordinates and manages the operational and clinical functions in conjunction with administration and medical directors.
- Reviews and analyzes reports, records and directives.
- Monitors the status of equipment repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Evaluates, develops and implements process improvements to enhance effectiveness.
- Prepares employee evaluations and responsible for the hiring, promoting, discharging and transferring of employees.
- Responsible for scheduling and staffing needs of the unit; available for staffing needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Maintains the ability to perform procedures in the discipline for which they supervise.
- Arranges appropriate in-services and continuing education programs to meet the needs of the staff.
- Ensures the proficiency of the staff on the unit.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure efficient accomplishment of department goals and objectives to contribute while meeting all related State and Federal accreditation and governmental regulations.
Education: Graduate of an approved school of nursing. BSN required; Master’s level education preferredExperience: Five years of experience as a Registered Nurse, preferred in subspecialty area listed. Two (2) years of supervisory or charge nurse experience.
- Possession of a valid temporary license or permanent license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse prior to entrance on duty (permanent license must be obtained within 3 months of appointment).
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) (American Heart Association) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) (American Heart Association) within 3 months of hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, techniques, procedures and processes of the GI lab.
- Managerial skills sufficient for organizing, developing and supervising a department and staff.
- Knowledge of managerial functions such as budgets, statistical measures, report writing, performance improvement tools, etc.
- Computer literate.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must able to prioritize and manage several tasks at one time
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law