RN Manager - Pediatric Surgical Unit
A competitive salary and industry leading benefit plan is offered. Due to the growth the hospital is experiencing, this position offers significant opportunity for career advancement. The organization also offers benefits beyond traditional benefits such as continuing Education and leadership development opportunities, tuition reimbursement and many others!
POSITION SUMMARY: Under general direction, responsible for the planning, direction and coordination of services to ensure that quality health care is delivered. The pediatric surgical unit is a pre and post prep unit. The type of surgeries this unit sees is general, orthopedic, thorasic, neuro, EMT, trauma and cardiovascular surgeries.
- Directs and coordinates, through supervisors, the activities of the department.
- Reviews and analyzes reports, records and directives.
- Monitors and analyzes costs, prepares budgets.
- Evaluates, develops and implements process improvements to enhance effectiveness.
- Responsible for the hiring, promoting, discharging and transferring of employees.
- Responsible for scheduling and staffing needs of the unit; available for staffing needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Arranges appropriate in-services and continuing education programs to meet the needs of the staff.
- Ensures the proficiency of the staff on the unit.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing. BSN required; Master’s level education preferred
- Possession of a valid temporary license or permanent license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse prior to entrance on duty. Permanent license must be obtained within 3 months of appointment.
- BLS (American Heart Association) required upon hire.
- PALS (American Heart Association) required within 6 months of hire.
- Three (3) years of supervisory or charge nurse experience
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, techniques and procedures.
- Managerial skills sufficient for organizing, developing and supervising a department and staff.
- Knowledge of managerial functions such as budgets, statistical measures, report writing, performance improvement tools, etc.
- Computer literate.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must able to prioritize and manage several tasks at one time
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.