RN Manager - Sterile Processing
Recently named as one of 100 Great Hospitals in America for 2020 by Becker’s Hospital Review, a national publication for healthcare decision-makers. Join a team with a mission of leading healthcare in patient care, education and research.
This is a full time, permanent (not travel, contract or interm) opportunity with a Level 1 Academic University Hospital
- Career Advancement: Due to hospital growth and expansion, this position offers significant opportunity for advancing your career, whether it be cross training in another modality or moving into leadership positions.
- Industry Leading Benefit Plan: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages to include; Empower + Wellbeing programs, Childcare assistance, adoption assistance, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Professional Growth: This hospital provides numerous ways to grow and learn. In addition to tuition reimbursement and continuing education, there are opportunities for professional growth through formal classroom training, online programs and blended learning experiences in leadership development and job specific development.
- Sign on bonus / relocation package eligibility
Position Description: Under direction, plans, organizes and manages the processing, storage and distribution of processed sterile supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for overseeing the cleaning, decontamination, assembly, packaging and sterilization of all surgical instrumentation and reusable supply items as well as the preparation of the case carts.
- Manages the processing, storage and distribution of processed sterile supplies and equipment.
- Oversees department’s daily operation.
- Monitors the surgery case schedule and ensures instrument and equipment are ready when needed.
- Ensures that all requirements are met regarding the sterilization of equipment.
- Responsible for meeting all requirements and needs for instrumentation established by physicians, surgeons and others.
- Assesses departmental processes and develops plans to improve processes as needed.
- Supervises the departmental staff.
- Conducts in-service education programs for staff members as necessary and on a routine basis.
- Ensures that employees are properly trained in all aspects of sterile processing and the preparation of Case Carts.
- Evaluates employee performance and makes recommendations to improve performance.
- Works on various projects as assigned
- Ensures staff prioritizes instrument sets daily for processing according to scheduled surgical cases.
- Collaborates with physicians and practitioners to address issues and concerns and identify processes to improve services provided.
- Collaborates with service line coordinators and surgical services leadership to evaluate patient processes and procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN required.
- Possession of a valid temporary or permanent Oklahoma license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse prior to entrance on duty. (Permanent license must be obtained within 3 months of appointment).
- International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) certification required within 1 year of hire date.
- Certified Healthcare Leadership (CHL) certification required within 1 year of hire.
- Three (3) years hospital experience with a minimum of two years supervisory and/or management experience.
- Knowledge of maintenance and sterilization of medical supplies and equipment.
- Knowledge of correct sanitation and hygiene.
- Knowledge of proper safety practices of steam and gas sterilization.
- Knowledge of simple record-keeping principles and practices.
- Skill in supervisory methods.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other medical staff, peers and subordinates.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.