RN Manager- Trauma ICU
Recently named as one of 100 Great Hospitals in America for 2020 by Becker’s Hospital Review, a national publication for healthcare decision-makers. Join a team with a mission of leading healthcare in patient care, education and research.
This is a full time, permanent (not travel, contract or interm) opportunity with a Level 1 Academic University Hospital
- Career Advancement: Due to hospital growth and expansion, this position offers significant opportunity for advancing your career, whether it be cross training in another modality or moving into leadership positions.
- Industry Leading Benefit Plan: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages to include; Empower + Wellbeing programs, Childcare assistance, adoption assistance, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Professional Growth: This hospital provides numerous ways to grow and learn. In addition to tuition reimbursement and continuing education, there are opportunities for professional growth through formal classroom training, online programs and blended learning experiences in leadership development and job specific development.
- Sign on bonus / relocation package eligibility
Position Description: Under general direction, responsible for the planning, direction and coordination of services to ensure that quality health care is delivered.
- Directs and coordinates, through supervisors, the activities of the department.
- Reviews and analyzes reports, records and directives.
- Monitors and analyzes costs, prepares budgets.
- Evaluates, develops and implements process improvements to enhance effectiveness.
- Responsible for the hiring, promoting, discharging and transferring of employees.
- Responsible for scheduling and staffing needs of the unit; available for staffing needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Arranges appropriate in-services and continuing education programs to meet the needs of the staff.
- Ensures the proficiency of the staff on the unit.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing. BSN required; Master’s level education preferred
- Possession of a valid temporary or permanent Oklahoma license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse prior to entrance on duty. (Permanent license must be obtained within 3 months of appointment).
- BCLS upon hire.
- Three (3) years of supervisory or charge nurse experience
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, techniques and procedures.
- Managerial skills sufficient for organizing, developing and supervising a department and staff.
- Knowledge of managerial functions such as budgets, statistical measures, report writing, performance improvement tools, etc. Computer literate.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must able to prioritize and manage several tasks at one time.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.