RN Periopertive Educator
A competitive salary and industry leading benefit plan is offered. Due to the growth the hospital is experiencing, this position offers significant opportunity for career advancement. The organization also offers additional benefits such as continuing Education and leadership development opportunities, tuition reimbursement and many others!
As a member of a multi-faceted and highly integrated team of Education Specialists, partners within OU Medical System to ensure educational needs are identified, assessed, prioritized, resourced, and curriculum developed and delivered to achieve targeted results and optimum outcomes.
- Works to successfully meet the educational needs of Medical System, under direction of Clinical Education leaders, and in collaboration with/support of the various nursing, ancillary and support department leaders within the organization
- Provide educational leadership and expertise within the specified clinical/technical discipline(s)
- Serve on one or more functional teams accountable for supporting core orientation and continuing education activities
- Demonstrate and apply expertise pertaining to one or more of the following core processes: educational assessment; planning; curriculum development; educational design & delivery; documentation; measurement & performance improvement
- Works collaboratively with leaders, clinical and other experts, and colleagues throughout the organization to orchestrate right content, methods and resources to achieve Another Level of Education
- Assist with planning, prioritizing, developing, targeting, delivering and measuring effectiveness of educational offerings through a variety of educational media
- Works to achieve staff retention and employee engagement through effective management of processes resulting in fulfillment of learning needs
- Maintain clinical expertise in assigned area(s), continually monitoring for and incorporating changes in evidence-based practices, demonstrated best practice, and patient/client population data
- Assigned areas include: Cardiovascular, Emergency/Procedural, Informatics, Intensive Care, Medicine, Neonate, Nephrology/Transplant, Neurosciences, Oncology, Pediatrics, Surgical, Trauma, Women’s and Professional Development
- Serve on one or more functional team supporting core educational programming and will provide expertise to the team to enhance specific elements of the educational process.
Education: Graduate from an approved school of nursing. Bachelor’s Degree.
Experience: Four (4) years experience to include combination of relevant clinical/technical practice, responsibility for educational functions/processes and/or leadership accountabilities.
- Current licensure with Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse. BLS(American Heart Association) upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise, knowledge and skills to fulfill the full role, inclusive of Clinical/Technical Expertise, Functional Support, and Education Process Expertise Demonstrated creativity and innovation in assessing for/addressing adult learning needs in a hospital setting. Ability to work collaboratively in a highly integrated environment, with strong matrixed reporting potential. Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication. Strong research, analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to utilize full range of computer software and learning technology to achieve educational goals and outcomes. Evidence of personal plan for professional development and continuous learning.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time