RN Supervisor - Cardiology
Recently named as one of 100 Great Hospitals in America for 2020 by Becker’s Hospital Review, a national publication for healthcare decision-makers. Join a team with a mission of leading healthcare in patient care, education and research.
This is a full time, permanent (not travel, contract or interm) opportunity with a Level 1 Academic University Hospital
- Career Advancement: Due to hospital growth and expansion, this position offers significant opportunity for advancing your career, whether it be cross training in another modality or moving into leadership positions.
- Industry Leading Benefit Plan: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages to include; Empower + Wellbeing programs, Childcare assistance, adoption assistance, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Professional Growth: This hospital provides numerous ways to grow and learn. In addition to tuition reimbursement and continuing education, there are opportunities for professional growth through formal classroom training, online programs and blended learning experiences in leadership development and job specific development.
- Sign on bonus / relocation package eligibility
Unit Information: As a Registered Nurse in the Cardiovascular Unit, you will care for patients with both common and complex ailments. This 32 bed unit is part of a center of excellence specializing in diagnosing, preventing and treating disorders and illnesses affecting the heart and entire cardiovascular system.
- Night Shift (7p - 7a) with rotating weekends.
- Cardiovascular Unit is a 32 bed unit (12 stepdown and 20 floor).
- Patient to nurse ratio: 3:1 step down and 5:1 floor
Position Description: Under limited administrative direction, supervises nursing staff and provides expert nursing care to patients with health problems ranging from complex to multi-complex.
- Supervises nursing staff on a shift and ensures safe and effective nursing care is provided to assigned patients.
- Ensures the oncoming shift has adequate nursing personnel to meet identified patient care needs; arranges for staff to work overtime shifts for personnel shortages based on minimum staffing requirements; assists in the development of monthly personnel schedules.
- Assists in determining work assignments based on nursing resources and identified patient care needs.
- Assists with revision of policies and procedures.
- Evaluates, documents and counsels staff on a designated shift regarding job requirements and work performance; assists with employee evaluations and recommends appropriate personnel actions.
- Conducts meetings with staff on a designated shift to discuss patient care and unit concerns.
- Ensures educational offerings and experiences are available to staff.
- Develops quality assurance indicators.
- If pertinent to the area, will be responsible for updating operating room procedure cards for specialty areas.
- Ensures orientation of new employees to a unit.
- Monitors productivity targets established by the department.
- Bachelors degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing upon hire
- BCLS upon hire.
- 6 months of experience as a charge nurse required.
- 1.5 years of experience in a hospital, acute care setting.
- Knowledge of nursing theory, practices, techniques, procedures and standards plus the principles of supervision.
- Skill in planning and organizing nursing care, applying advanced nursing clinical skills, maintaining records and charts, preparing written reports and in maintaining effective working relationships with others.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.