RN Supervisor - Medicine Specialty
- Full time, direct hire (not travel or contract) opportunity.
- Department: Medicine Specialty Unit
- Shift: Day Shift; 7am - 7pm
- Benefits: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages which include; leadership development opportunities, financial support for continuing education (MSN), tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Career Growth: Significant opportunity for advancing in your career. This Academic Teaching Hospital values education and upward mobility.
Description: Under limited administrative direction, supervises nursing staff and provides expert nursing care to patients with health problems ranging from complex to multi-complex.
- Supervises nursing staff on a shift and ensures safe and effective nursing care is provided to assigned patients.
- Ensures the oncoming shift has adequate nursing personnel to meet identified patient care needs; arranges for staff to work overtime shifts for personnel shortages based on minimum staffing requirements; assists in the development of monthly personnel schedules.
- Assists in determining work assignments based on nursing resources and identified patient care needs.
- Assists with revision of policies and procedures.
- Evaluates, documents and counsels staff on a designated shift regarding job requirements and work performance; assists with employee evaluations and recommends appropriate personnel actions.
- Conducts meetings with staff on a designated shift to discuss patient care and unit concerns.
- Ensures educational offerings and experiences are available to staff.
- Develops quality assurance indicators.
- If pertinent to the area, will be responsible for updating operating room procedure cards for specialty areas.
- Ensures orientation of new employees to a unit.
- Monitors productivity targets established by the department.
Education: Graduate of an approved school of nursing. BSN required; Master’s level education preferred
Experience:1.5 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse in an acute care setting which includes at least 6 months charge experience.
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: Possession of a valid temporary license or permanent license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse prior to entrance on duty (permanent license must be obtained within 3 months of appointment). Current certification in Basic Life Support (American Heart Association) required upon hour.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of nursing theory, practices, techniques, procedures and standards plus the principles of supervision.
- Skill in planning and organizing nursing care, applying advanced nursing clinical skills, maintaining records and charts, preparing written reports and in maintaining effective working relationships with others.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law