RN Supervisor, Oncology - Registered Nurse
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's number one ranked health complex system. This is a direct hire (Not travel or contract) opportunity with a Level 1 Academic University Hospital. This "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth. Due to this growth, this position offers significant opportunity for career advancement.
If you a Bachelors' prepared RN with charge nurse experience and a passion for oncology, this is a wonderful chance to take your career to the next level.
Under limited administrative direction, supervises nursing staff and provides expert nursing care to patients with health problems ranging from complex to multi-complex.
- Supervises nursing staff on a shift and ensures safe and effective nursing care is provided to assigned patients.
- Ensures the oncoming shift has adequate nursing personnel to meet identified patient care needs; arranges for staff to work overtime shifts for personnel shortages based on minimum staffing requirements; assists in the development of monthly personnel schedules.
- Assists in determining work assignments based on nursing resources and identified patient care needs.
- Assists with revision of policies and procedures.
- Evaluates, documents and counsels staff on a designated shift regarding job requirements and work performance; assists with employee evaluations and recommends appropriate personnel actions.
- Conducts meetings with staff on a designated shift to discuss patient care and unit concerns.
- Ensures educational offerings and experiences are available to staff.
- Develops quality assurance indicators.
- If pertinent to the area, will be responsible for updating operating room procedure cards for specialty areas.
- Ensures orientation of new employees to a unit.
- Monitors productivity targets established by the department.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
Experience:1.5 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse in an acute care setting which includes at least 6 months charge experience.
- Possession of a valid temporary or permanent Oklahoma license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse prior to entrance on duty. (Permanent license must be obtained within 3 months of appointment).
- BLS (American Heart Association) required upon hire.
- ACLS (American Heart Association)
- ONS Chemotherapy certification required within 1 year of hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of nursing theory, practices, techniques, procedures and standards plus the principles of supervision.
- Skill in planning and organizing nursing care, applying advanced nursing clinical skills, maintaining records and charts, preparing written reports and in maintaining effective working relationships with others.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law