Senior IT Communications Specialist
At Oklahoma’s only comprehensive academic health system, you can work in countless specialty areas and practice settings - including the state’s only freestanding pediatric hospital, a community hospital, the state’s largest physician network with various clinic locations, an NCI-designated cancer center and so much more. Recently named as one of 100 Great Hospitals in America for 2020 by Becker’s Hospital Review, a national publication for healthcare decision-makers. Join a team with a mission of leading healthcare in patient care, education, and research.
- This is a full time, permanent opportunity (NOT Interim, Contract, or Travel Position)
- Benefits: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages which include; leadership development opportunities, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Career Growth: With the growth, this hospital is experiencing, there is a significant opportunity for advancing in your career. This Academic Teaching Hospital values education and upward mobility.
- Sign on bonus / relocation package eligibility
General Description: This position will interface with all levels of the organization to support IT and EPIC communications and marketing content. Working closely with marketing and IT leadership, the senior IT communications specialist will be responsible for the development, creation, and implementation of a wide range of communications projects and messaging development, including leadership updates and other internal communications.
The individual will have experience in messaging development and presentation preparation. Knowledge of IT and EPIC services and healthcare technologies is required. The senior IT communications specialist will be an effective communicator and collaborative team member and serve as a creative, thoughtful source of current best practices for our marketing efforts.
The responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Provide internal communications planning, communication strategies, crisis communications, and consultative support of IT-related issues to the hospital's enterprise-wide operating units, service lines, and shared-service departments.
- Write strategic internal IT communication plans for specific internal audiences and manages communication projects designed to meet client, department, and healthcare enterprise strategic goals.
- Maintain internal communication plan, templates, and editorial calendars for publications. Coordinate approval processes and related external communications schedules.
- Develop and maintain regular internal IT communications on vital enterprise information such as EPIC implementation, IT outages, and IT updates by the audience, cascade communication, internal articles, infographics, and distribution lists for strategic communication.
- Lead the creation and execution of internal (CEO video updates, announcements, Town Halls, etc.) communications related to IT/EPIC.
- Provide writing and editing support to departments, business units, and executive leadership on varying communication efforts to include message development, communication distribution, communications planning and project management related to IT/EPIC.
- Manage the review, approval, and distribution process of communication deliverables.
- Support and assist the marketing team as needed with relevant aspects of updating and advancing marketing content delivery (marketing collateral, sales presentations, media assets, etc.)
- Adhere to brand voice in all communications and collaterals.
- Provide regular updates to the Manager of Internal Communications and the Manager of IT Services and as needed to team members across the two departments.
- Provides leadership on delegated Marketing initiatives as assigned.
- Provides leadership on delegated IT initiatives as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, English, journalism, computer science, information science or related, required.
- Master’s degree in any of these areas is preferred.
- 5 (five) plus years experience in a marketing communication capacity -- healthcare and/or IT managed services industry - with proven skill and experience in technical writing, marketing, and/or communications, preferred.
OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires a valid driver’s license, and that the employee is insurable by the hospital's automobile liability insurance carrier.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a working knowledge of IT systems, including EPIC or a similar medical record system.
- Strong writing and editing skills for a professional audience across various mediums.
- Excellent organizational skills with experience dealing with multiple, high-profile projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Critical thinker with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven success collaborating across departments and professional disciplines to achieve objectives.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Professional (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) is a must; experience in Bananatag, Adobe PhotoShop, or InDesign and Spark is preferred.
- Proficient in AP Writing Style.