Senior Software Engineer - Remote
Research, design, and develop computer software systems compliant with systems level interface, operational, and performance requirements. Analyze systems and software requirements and elaborate them into designs within the constraints of fidelity, quality, cost, and schedule. Develop and test software to these designs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Analyze computer processing requirements. Specify and recommend purchase of computational systems which provide the computational capabilities required.
* Review program specifications and computational system specifications and consults project, systems, and hardware engineers to identify and evaluate interface requirements between the hardware and software. Define top-level interface requirements within the software consistent with system interfaces.
* Analyze operational and performance requirements of the overall system and define candidate top-level systems and software design approaches consistent with these requirements. These analyses include consideration of hardware computational capabilities, system latencies, spare time requirements, etc.
* Perform value engineering trade studies of candidate top-level design solutions to determine the optimum solution given fidelity, quality, schedule, and cost constraints.
* Develop detail systems and software designs via analyses, elaboration and decomposition of top-level interface, operational, and performance requirements. Develop software computer code compliant with detail design requirements.
* Perform integration test, acceptance test, and delivery of software imbedded products.
* Identify and manage risks to eliminate unplanned problems and minimize costs.
* Develop proposal inputs, technical reports, design specifications, test specifications, and test procedures as required for assigned programs.
* Perform other related tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Technical supervision. No administrative supervision responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors Degree (B.S.) in engineering, physics, or equivalent; up to 6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Background must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the sciences underlying software engineering.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common professional literature. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to management, and colleagues.
Ability to comprehend and calculate ratios and percentages, Ability to comprehend and apply principles of modern algebra.
Solid Technology skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications are essential. Experienced and proficient in the use of standard personal computer software tools; including word processors, spreadsheets, presentation graphics and databases.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Must be able to obtain a Secret Level Clearance
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* The employee may be required to work overtime, holidays, weekends, and/or odd shifts.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, electrical shock, moving parts and vibration.
* Some travel is required.
* Comply with company policies and procedures and work instructions
* Follow company standards of professionalism
* Treat customers and coworkers with respect
* Be honest and dedicated in your work
* Follow directions of supervisory and management staff
* Comply with Company quality standards
* Maintain a professional appearance and comply with any company dress code
DRG Professional Services partners with industry leaders nationwide to attract exceptional professionals from around the country. Always ensuring our focus is on guiding professionals toward the best possible career decisions, developing relationships over the long term and guaranteeing DRG Professional Services remains top of mind for leading recruitment.
DRG Professional Services is the commercial recruitment division of the Delaware Resource Group - a leading Native American owned defense contractor based in Oklahoma City. This division was formed with the vision of bringing DRG's excellence and experience in workforce solutions to commercial markets globally. Professional Services specializes in Professional Recruitment, Executive Search and customized Workforce Contract/Subcontract solutions; focusing talents and extensive network primarily in the Medical, Financial Services, Information Technology, Aerospace & Defense industries.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.