Design, code, implement and test simulation software for simulator training devices and other similar applications that satisfy specified operational, performance, and interface requirements. Responsible for simulation software development, integration, verification, and documentation tasks within a specified budget and schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Participate in defining, deriving, and decomposing requirements, and developing preliminary and detail designs that comply with project requirements.
* Review program specifications and applicable standards with project and systems engineers to identify and evaluate interface requirements between software and electronic/electrical hardware.
* Perform subsystem test, integration test, and acceptance test of software products. Troubleshoot software to identify & solve problems.
* Participate in installation, acceptance, and delivery of training devices to various world-wide locations.
* Coordinate with Program Management, Software, Electrical, Mechanical, and Manufacturing personnel as necessary to accomplish development, design, and production of the project.
* Identify and manage technical risks to avoid unplanned problems and minimize costs.
* End products will consist of proposals, reports, specifications, design documents, source code, and test specifications as required for the subject project.
* Perform other related tasks as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors Degree (B.S.) in engineering, computer science, physics, or equivalent; up to 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Background must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the sciences underlying software engineering.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common professional literature. Ability to correspond effectively and efficiently with coworkers, subcontractors, customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present technical information to colleagues, management, and customers. Ability to develop technical documentation such as software design documents, interface documents, test procedures, and user manuals.
Ability to comprehend and apply basic trigonometry and calculus. Ability to comprehend and apply principles ofmodern algebra, Boolean algebra, ratios, and percentages.
Ability to develop and debug computer source code and application software written in various languages such as C/C++/C#, Python, FORTRAN, ADA. Ability to learn new programming languages. Ability to use software and data configuration management tools such as GIT and Subversion. Usage of Microsoft Windows and Linux Operating Systems. Understanding of computer networking concepts. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams. Experienced and proficient in the use of standard personal computer software tools, including software application development environments, word processors, spreadsheets, presentation graphics, virtual meetings, team collaboration, project tracking, and databases.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Must be able to obtain a Secret Level Clearance.
Proficient in planning, coordinating, and booking travel airfare, hotel accommodations, and rental cars.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, mouse, finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, electrical shock, moving parts and vibration.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet; however, occasionally the work environment can be loud due to equipment operating near test benches and training devices.
* The temperature of the work environment is typically normal climate-controlled office space; however, occasionally the work environment can be cold in a server equipment room or hot in an unconditioned space simulator bay.
* The employee must be able to travel and willing to interact with the public.
* The employee is occasionally required to work holidays, weekends, and odd shifts.
* Comply with company policies and procedures and work instructions
* Follow company standards of professionalism
* Treat customers and coworkers with respect
* Be honest and dedicated in your work
* Follow directions of supervisory and management staff
* Comply with company quality standards
* Maintain a professional appearance and comply with any company dress code
DRG Professional Services partners with industry leaders nationwide to attract exceptional professionals from around the country. Always ensuring our focus is on guiding professionals toward the best possible career decisions, developing relationships over the long term and guaranteeing DRG Professional Services remains top of mind for leading recruitment.
DRG Professional Services is the commercial recruitment division of the Delaware Resource Group - a leading Native American owned defense contractor based in Oklahoma City. This division was formed with the vision of bringing DRG's excellence and experience in workforce solutions to commercial markets globally. Professional Services specializes in Professional Recruitment, Executive Search and customized Workforce Contract/Subcontract solutions; focusing talents and extensive network primarily in the Medical, Financial Services, Information Technology, Aerospace & Defense industries.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.