Sonographer - Adult Imaging
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's premier academic healthcare institution offering unsurpassed care, teaching, research and technology. This "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth. This is a permanent hire (not travel or contract) opportunity in the Oklahoma City area.
At Oklahoma’s only comprehensive academic health system, you can work in countless specialty areas and practice settings. Recently named as one of 100 Great Hospitals in America for 2020 by Becker’s Hospital Review, a national publication for healthcare decision-makers. Join a team with a mission of leading healthcare in patient care, education and research.
- Career Advancement: Due to hospital growth and expansion, this position offers significant opportunity for advancing your career, whether it be cross training in another modality or moving into leadership positions.
- Industry Leading Benefit Plan: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages to include; Empower + Wellbeing programs, Childcare assistance, adoption assistance, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Professional Growth: This hospital provides numerous ways to grow and learn. In addition to tuition reimbursement and continuing education, there are opportunities for professional growth through formal classroom training, online programs and blended learning experiences in leadership development and job specific development.
- Sign on bonus / relocation package eligibility
- Hours: Wednesday - Friday; Every other Saturday 7p-7a
- This department offers a great team environment with very little turn over and open communication with administration / management.
- This advanced ultrasound department is always developing and staying compliant with new technologies and advances in the field. They are the only ultrasound department in the state utilizing contrast enhanced ultrasound for abdominal imaging as well as using elastography technology for liver imaging.
This position will provide compassionate patient care in a state-of-the-art facility. Under immediate to general supervision, performs technical procedures that require application of high frequency ultrasonic waves to patients in the diagnosis of a variety of diseases.
- Prepares patients for examinations and correlates clinical history with procedures ordered by physician to be performed
- Performs basic to advanced level ultrasound procedures in assigned specialty service area utilizing a variety of equipment and techniques in accordance with established clinical practice standards, guidelines and protocols
- Interacts with physicians, staff, family and patient to develop and implement the plan of care
- Communicates clinical findings and makes referrals regarding patient care needs to appropriate personnel
- Assists in prioritizing and ensuring completion of clinical and non-clinical work assignments
- Prepares and presents in-services pertinent to assigned service area
- Graduation from an American Medical Association (AMA) approved program for Diagnostic Ultrasound Technology.
- Eligible for registry as a Sonographer by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
Special Requirement: Incumbents may continue in the position for up to 6 months and must pass the registry as a Sonographer within that timeframe. Failure to satisfy these conditions may result in termination of employment
- BLS (American Heart Association) upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of human anatomy and physiology.
- Knowledge of ultrasound techniques and ultrasound equipment such as B-Scanner, Real Time, Doppler (pulsed wave and color flow), Echocardiographic 2-D and M-Mode.
- Skill in performing ultrasound examinations.
- Based on specific assignment, skill in performing general abdomen, o-gyn, small parts, pediatric and limited vascular ultrasound examinations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and other staff members.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.