Sr. Analyst- Compensation/Learning and Development
In the Compensation capacity, the position will be responsible for administration of all aspects of the Corporate Compensation Program; to include working with executive leadership to define and develop the compensation strategy to meet business imperatives. The evaluation of current compensation programs, policies and the development of new strategies designed to attract, retain talent along with pricing competitive compensation for future business pursuits will be core competencies. The Compensation Analyst provides subject matter expertise, consultation to HR Business Partner Leaders, business unit leaders, and the Talent Management Team regarding performance based compensation strategy, evaluation of organizational structure, leveling, and establishing a government contractor compliant compensation program in the analysis of job offers, salary grades, and promotions/adjustments designed to mitigate the potential for adverse impact.
In the Learning & Development capacity, the position will be responsible for administration of all aspects of the Corporate Learning & Development Program; to include the requirements definition, design and delivery of all knowledge transfer & training programs. The position will be responsible for bench marking industry for the latest technology, trends and establishing the L&D competency as a strategic differentiator for the Company. Use L&D competencies to lead related projects that increase productivity and improve processes that increases the knowledge base of the Company. The L&D analyst must be up to date with current training and development research; learning theory, motivation theory, new materials, methods, and techniques. The analyst will evaluate and identify developmental needs, prepare personnel for positions of greater responsibility, and increase employee effectiveness in present assignments.
- Administers all compensation related activities, including but not limited to merit, promotions and pay adjustments. Continually reviews and improves compensation programs designed to attract, retain, and engage employees.
- Works closely with Senior Manager, People Operations - Corporate Talent Management in the preparation of Talent Management budgets and providing analysis in addition to salary and other related financial analysis.
- Administers incentive and recognition programs for employees to include communication, implementation, and management of awards budgets and administration of the programs.
- Conducts and participates in compensation surveys or special compensation studies for purposes of maintaining the company’s competitive position within the marketplace.
- Establishes standards for and completes market-pricing activities. These activities include the matching of internal positions to external data using standardized surveys for purposes of making recommendations to management regarding base salary levels, appropriate grade assignment, total compensation opportunity, and/or hiring ranges for given positions.
- Builds and maintains strong and effective working relationships with Company leaders, HR Business Partner leaders, Payroll, and Benefits. Works closely with the SVP, Chief People Officer to ensure the total compensation and rewards programs meet the needs of the company and the employees.
- Serves as an expert resource to others in the department and throughout the organization, providing advice and consultation to management regarding organizational structure, and compensation compliance interpretation.
- Ensures compliance with all government agency requirements by auditing existing processes and establishing new policy & processes to ensure compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Office Federal Contracts Compliance Programs, the Defense Contracts Audit Agency, Davis Bacon Act (DBA), Service Contract Labor Standards (SCLS formerly Service Contract Act) and internal compliance controls.
- Establishes company policies and relevant wage determinations. Maintains knowledge of industry trends and related legislation and ensures organization’s compliance.
- Applies instructional systems design (ISD) and Learning Management System (LMS) methodologies in order to develop classroom and computer-based training.
- Determines leadership, business excellence, and productivity training requirements through needs and gap analysis, vendor product reviews and other Company benchmarking.
- Development of practical approaches to training requirements that cost-effectively uses internal resources, computer-based training and vendor/industry benchmark courseware.
- Recommends "make vs. buy" decision-making of requisite training.
- Develop, update, administer and track Operations certification training, consistent with defense customer requirements, resulting in successful audit results.
- Develops and administers training skills assessments, as required.
- Act as the administrator, maintainer and enhancer of the Learning Management System (LMS) and Computer-Based Training (CBT) systems.
- Other Duties as assigned
Professional Requirements, Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in directly related field, such as Finance, and four (4) or more years of compensation experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with international incentive compensation practices and regulations preferred.
- Experience with job leveling and analysis including job/career path development.
- Exceptional quantitative, analytical, data and project management skills
- Familiarity with Government Contracting and/or Service Contract Act.
- Knowledge of federal, state and international regulations governing compensation programs.
- Knowledge of job evaluation, base compensation, and incentive plans
- Experience conducting compensation and salary review of processes including development of process documentation, funding, training/resource materials, communications, testing, issues resolution, after action review and root cause corrective actions
- Experience with learning technologies, designing and implementing learning solutions using presentation, social, mobile, video, micro-learning and computer based training.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel to translate complex concepts and data into graphically appealing and easy to understand presentations.
- Excellent hands-on project management experience and strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build strong collaborative relationships with internal Department and external Company leadership.
- Demonstrate the ability to clearly communicate both in verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to work in a customer facing role and as a collaborative member of a diverse team
- Must be able to travel, work overtime and weekends as required
- Experience working in the aerospace/defense industry is a plus
- This position does not currently require a Security Clearance, but candidates must be able to obtain/maintain a secret clearance which requires US Citizenship and must be additional security background checks
- The essential physical requirements of the position will be reviewed with the applicant during the interview.
DRG Professional Services partners with industry leaders nationwide to attract exceptional professionals from around the country. Always ensuring our focus is on guiding professionals toward the best possible career decisions, developing relationships over the long term and guaranteeing DRG Professional Services remains top of mind for leading recruitment.
DRG Professional Services is the commercial recruitment division of the Delaware Resource Group - a leading Native American owned defense contractor based in Oklahoma City. This division was formed with the vision of bringing DRG's excellence and experience in workforce solutions to commercial markets globally. Professional Services specializes in Professional Recruitment, Executive Search and customized Workforce Contract/Subcontract solutions; focusing talents and extensive network primarily in the Medical, Financial Services, Information Technology, Aerospace & Defense industries.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.