Sr. Compensation Analyst
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's Premier Academic Healthcare Institution offering unsurpassed care, teaching, research, and technology along with the widest range of medical and surgical services in the region. This locally owned "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth.
- This is a full-time, direct-hire, permanent opportunity
- Benefits: This hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages which include; leadership development opportunities, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Career Growth: There is a significant opportunity for advancing in your career due to the hospitals' expansion and incredible growth. This Academic Teaching Hospital values education and upward mobility.
The Sr. Compensation Analyst provides compensation tactical and planning support to designated leaders and employees at one or more facilities. Advises leader in compensation-related issues in collaboration with other stakeholders. Maintains and ensures consistent application of compensation standards. This role will independently lead portions of our cyclical processes as well as day-to-day requests related to compensation. Conducts compensation activities including market, pay equity analysis, job evaluation, job analysis, and participates in special projects. Supports development and communication of compensation policies, processes, and programs. Research/benchmark current compensation trends and assess programs for competitiveness.
The responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
Implements Compensation philosophy, plans, programs, and strategy
- Engages designated leaders to understand compensation philosophy, plans, and programs. Implements enterprise-wide and location-specific Compensation related initiatives
Advises leaders and customers on compensation issues
- Provides compensation consultation including pay inequities, pay grade structure, market pricing, job evaluation, job analysis, FLSA designation, job leveling, salary administration guidelines, etc.
- Interprets pay policies and processes for departments and works with assigned designated leaders.
- Responds to leader and employees' questions and requests for information, point them to appropriate self-service tools.
- Supports the administration and implementation of compensation policies and practices. Offers recommendations for policy changes and updates.
Salary & Policy Administration
- Responsible for job descriptions and job evaluations for designated areas.
- Provides accurate and reliable pay analysis and implements compensation policies and practices. Offers recommendations for policy changes and updates.
- Collaborates on the performance and compensation budget planning cycle, including, but not limited to, the end-of-year performance evaluation process, merit and bonus planning, mid-year market review, and annual equity planning.
- Performs Data entry, validation, and administration for incentive compensation programs for designated areas.
- Develops and delivers value-added compensation training programs to staff at all levels within the designated workgroup.
- Collaborates with the Compensation Director, area CTO’s, and designated HR Business Partners with decision making-making to facilitate the understanding by stakeholders for the compensation impacts of organizational changes, the workforce planning needs of the business, and the competitive landscape of the labor market.
- Performs research and analysis of market data to make recommendations on market competitiveness and best practices.
- Maintains the hospitals' salary structure to ensure competitiveness; conducts an annual review of grade assignments, ranges, and differentials, and recommends any necessary adjustments.
- Maintains all compensation market data and tools, recommending and implementing efficiencies in tracking and reporting. Complete submissions for compensation surveys as required.
- Conducts pay equity analysis, regression analysis, and makes recommendations for adjustments.
- Reviews compensation proposals for compliance with established guidelines, policies, job architecture.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Generates WD reports and performs pay audits on data entry output to maintain the accuracy and integrity of compensation data.
- Conducts ad-hoc research and modeling in support of project assignments including presentation of findings and recommendations for management review.
- Conducts routine and ad-hoc audits of people and payroll data which involve compensation and performance data.
- Participates in Total Rewards and HRIS projects and cross-functional initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Human Resources, Business, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience with the analysis and administration of compensation programs; forecasting and administering organization-wide pay changes.
- Experience in a healthcare facility preferred
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- High level of analytical ability.
- Adaptable to change
- Knowledge of compensation tools, programs, and practices.
- High level of discretion, tact, diplomacy, and professionalism.
- Substantial interpersonal skills are necessary in order to interact with employees and management at all levels in problem resolution and the ability to interact with external sources for survey data collection.
- Knowledge of pertinent laws and regulations such as the Civil Rights Act, Equal Pay Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, and personnel administration theories and practices.
- Experience with conducting studies and preparing sound recommendations;
- Experience with analyzing and interpreting policies, practices, and procedures;
- Experience with preparing written reports for varied audiences;
- Maintaining confidentiality;
- Experience with conducting research, analyzing information and data, and presenting findings in a concise format;
- Work with diverse populations, both internally and externally.
- Experienced with Workday and MarketPay preferred.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law