Trade Compliance Analyst
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Reporting to the Trade Compliance Manager the Trade Compliance Analyst is responsible to collaborate with functional departments to ensure legal compliance and provide import/export administration and control within government rules and regulations, including appropriate licensing related to the import and export of hardware (e.g. parts, aircraft) and technical data.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews and interprets contracts for requirements and ensures appropriate stakeholders understand requirements related to import/export regulations.
- Investigates and recommends resolutions for all international related activities that deviates from established policy, procedure, or practice as necessary. Implements agreed upon resolution.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate recordkeeping systems for trade compliance due diligence.
- Administers the Foreign Person access program.
- Reviews, approves and coordinates international travel documents related to U.S. trade laws
- Identifies, creates and presents training for all levels of personnel to ensure shared understanding and compliance to relevant requirements.
- Verifies proper export jurisdiction and classifications for products, technical data/technology and software in accordance with applicable U.S. export controls (EAR and ITAR).
- Drafts and files export/import license applications, following up as required for timely responses and closure to open requests.
- Responsible for providing guidance to internal customers regarding import/export issues to assure full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Works with Trade Compliance Manager on implementation and monitoring of processes to support trade compliance requirements.
- Coordinates and approves international shipments in accordance with U.S. trade laws
- Completes Visual Compliance Screenings
- Continues to keep self-informed of developing regulatory changes applicable to operations.
Other Job Functions
- Other duties may be assigned.
Experience and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors.
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary.
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules.
- Ability to effectively communicate professionally in writing or verbally with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to read, interpret and effectively apply ITAR/EAR regulations to daily work functions.
- Knowledge of Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), North American Free Trade Act (NAFTA), and local Customs regulations.
- Ability to effectively establish relationships with local Government Agencies, organizational leadership and operational peers to facilitate activities critical to Program success.
- Strong decision making and critical thinking skills required.
- Must be extremely organized, detail oriented and able to effectively manage multiple competing priorities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS in business administration or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience including working with ITAR/EAR products, including familiarity with Commerce (EAR), State Department (ITAR) and U.S. Customs trade regulations.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of practical day to day work experience applying ITAR and EAR regulations to international program activities.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in import and/or export activities related to systems, parts or technical data.
- 3 years minimum experience supporting international shipping and/or transportation.
- Directly related work experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement. (Experience must be sufficient enough to successfully perform the essential functions of the job).
- Experience in Aerospace/Defense Industry is a plus
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office and/or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones).
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to travel domestically as required between company locations.