T-38 Aircraft Mechanic (Corrosion)
DRG Professional Services is seeking a T-38 Aircraft Mechanic for our partnering DoD contractor. This is a full time, direct hire opportunity with a leading company who provides a wide range of rapid response support to the Department of Defense, all US military services and Foreign Military Service (FMS) customers. These support services range from basic manufacturing to technically advanced modifications of aviation, ground, missile and naval weapon systems.
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airplane and/or Powerplant certification
- 3+ years of aircraft maintenance experience with fixed wing commercial, Government or DOD aircraft required.
- Experience supporting a NASA/DoD contract.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field required.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance
- Two (2) years of experience in aircraft structural repair, modification, and corrosion protection treatment REQUIRED
- Performs aircraft corrosion control to include washing, cleaning, corrosion detection, corrosion removal, metal treatment, and touch up painting.
- Assist in the preparation of the aircraft and/or components for complete repaint.Paints aircraft, and AGE/SE.
- Identifies, removes, and treats corrosion using mechanical and chemical procedures. Applies corrosion protective coatings.
- Applies aircraft paint schemes and markings. Applies preservative treatments to aircraft, aerospace ground equipment (AGE), and support equipment (SE).
- Stores, handles, and disposes of hazardous waste and materials according to environmental standards.
- Perform maintenance on aircraft, (airplane general, airframe & power plant) and/or ground support equipment.
- Repair, inspect and maintain mechanical elements of the aircraft.
- Knowledgeable in the use of, and be able to train others in the use of a wide variety of diagnostics devices, computers, hand and mechanical tools.
- Provide oversight and have the ability to direct and train others in the completion of aircraft related maintenance tasks.
- May include Designated System Inspector (DSI) duties.
- Troubleshoot systems as required to meet customer needs.
- Document maintenance per established regulatory requirements.
- Perform regular Foreign Object Damage (FOD) control.
- Maintain control tools. Report missing, lost, found, or unattended tools to the supervisor. Inventory and inspect tools on a regular basis and replace worn or broken tools.
- Comply with safety rules and regulations while performing day to day maintenance. Promptly report all accidents, injuries, safety violations, and/or unsafe practices or procedures to supervisor.
- Use NASA’s automated maintenance data system (NAMIS) to maintain equipment records. Enter in the maintenance records description of the work performed and verify the work was performed satisfactorily.
- The Aircraft Mechanic may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Inspects structures and components and determines operational status. Interprets inspection findings and determines corrective action adequacy.
- Beginner to intermediate computer skills specifically using Microsoft Office Suite; ability to learn additional computer skills or software programs. Working knowledge of advanced software applications is preferred
- Ability to enter data accurately into databases.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff. Will also routinely interact with other crew members
- Must possess effective oral and technical written communication skills to clearly communicate information to others.
- Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, scanner, printers, etc.
- Ability to follow a process.
- Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
- Strong decision analysis and problem solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions. Must be able to communicate issues to management.
- Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and procedures and how they relate to goals.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations
- High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time