Technology and Improvement Manager
DRG Professional Services is partnering with one of the world’s leading producers of titanium dioxide pigment, zircon, high-grade titanium feedstock materials, pig iron and other minerals. With 3,400 employees around the world, our partner's global reach and deep local roots allows us to embrace and celebrate our organization’s rich culture and contributions, the foundation for our unmatched vertical integration model, and unparalleled operational and technical expertise across the value chain. This diversity, expertise and global reach are what position they about as one of the preeminent titanium dioxide producers in the world.
At their flagship site, in Hamilton, MS. they are currently seeking a Technology & Improvement Manager. This is a Leadership Role, with extensive Global interaction within our partner. Offering top tiered packages and benefits, International exposure, and endless opportunities for career growth; we invite the very best talent to join our team. Bring us your greatest abilities and we’ll provide...
A sense of belonging. A sense of purpose. A sense of pride. The power to make a difference.
Technology & Improvement Manager
Hamilton, MS - Pigment Plant
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a related Mineral or Chemical Processing or Industrial
- Business Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering, science, or technology field
- Demonstrated capacity as a strong leader
Technology & Improvement
The Technology and Improvement Manager is accountable in concert with site and global stakeholders to develop, optimize and execute site technology and business improvement strategies and plans, with the aim of supporting Site delivery of Safe, Quality, Low Cost Production for the Customer.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Provides leadership for the site T&I team in line with all the company values and priorities.
- Develops and leads this team of focused professionals with a high degree of collaboration; locally and globally.
- Works closely with the Site Director to ensure site T&I priorities are effectively identified, resourced & achieved
- Helps to develop and deliver the site business plan in conjunction with other departments
- Motivates support for site priorities working with the global team and supports global priorities via provision of site resources
- Coordinates the cost and profit improvement portfolio to achieve site business improvement objectives
- Ensures effective process and asset improvement capability is in place to meet site business improvement objectives
- Ensures effective asset integrity plans & engineering standards are in place for the site to manage asset infrastructure risks & asset statutory responsibilities
- Chairs and leads the site Capital Gate Review & Capital Portfolio meetings (Doing the right projects)
- Assures the development of idea/project business cases via techno-economic modelling
- Ensures project delivery capability to effectively manage capital projects in line with the company's processes & engineering standards (Doing projects the right way)
- Provides resources and input into strategic plans and Centres of Excellence, holding staff accountable for driving the development plans in Key Technology Areas
- Ensures effective administrative support for the T&I team
- Ensures development and succession planning of people in their team
Work Experience/Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum of 10 years progressive leadership and hands on experience within mineral or chemical processing industry
- Working knowledge of operational excellence & lean manufacturing techniques within mineral/chemical processing
- Effective influencer, leader, and change agent
- Ability to operate within a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders
- Financial acumen
- Skilled in conflict resolution
- Ability to build strong working relationships and teams
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering, science, or technology field
- Integrated DCS & PLC systems - essential
- Manufacturing Execution systems -essential
- MS Office Suite -essential
- SAP Suite or equivalent ERP system -essential
- Project management system - desirable
- Instantis or equivalent project portfolio system - desirable
- Power BI - desirable
- Minimal Travel may be required
Job Status: Full Time