Trade Compliance Analyst
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Reporting to the Trade Compliance Manager the Trade Compliance Analyst is responsible to collaborate with functional departments to ensure legal compliance and provide import/export administration and control within government rules and regulations, including appropriate licensing related to the import and export of hardware (e.g. parts, aircraft) and technical data.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinates and approves international shipments in accordance with U.S. trade laws
- Complete Denied Parties Screenings
- Review, approve, and coordinate international travel documents s they related to U.S. trade laws
- Verifies proper export jurisdiction and classifications for products, technology and software in accordance with applicable U.S. export controls (EAR and ITAR).
- Analyzes proposed business activities for export control, provides related guidance.
- Provides guidance and advice regarding import/export issues to peers and upper level management while assuring full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Drafts export/import license applications
- Conducts and facilitates due diligence reviews in connection with transactions that may pose a trade compliance risk to the Company.
- Maintains compliance due diligence reports and records.
- Monitors and studies relevant regulatory developments (Department of State, Department of Commerce, Customs and Border Protections, Office of Foreign Assets Control)
- Helps business partners understand the risks and consequences of the given situation. Effectively communicates the consequences and develops alternatives to manage identified risks.
- Manages record keeping and reporting requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors.
- Ability to meet deadlines and respond to requests on short notice.
- Excellent communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS in related field or minimum of 3 years of directly related work experience.
- Familiarity with Commerce (EAR), State Department (ITAR) and U.S. Customs trade regulations.
- Practical day to day work experience applying ITAR and EAR regulations to international program activities.
- Familiarity with a variety of standard concepts, practices, and procedures with a particular field.
- Experience in Aerospace/Defense Industry is a plus
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- General office environment
- No special physical demands required.
DRG Professional Services is the commercial recruitment division of the Delaware Resource Group - a leading Native American owned defense contractor based in Oklahoma City. This division was formed with the vision of bringing DRG's excellence and experience in workforce solutions to commercial markets globally. Professional Services specializes in Professional Recruitment, Executive Search and customized Workforce Contract/Subcontract solutions; focusing talents and extensive network primarily in the Medical, Financial Services, Information Technology, Aerospace & Defense industries.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.