Transfusion Safety Officer
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's premier academic healthcare institution offering unsurpassed care, teaching, research and technology. This "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth. With the recent opening of a brand new state-of-the-art bed tower, the hospital is expanding its Blood Bank Laboratory team to meet the needs of the community. This is a full time, direct hire (Not travel or contract) opportunity that offers significant opportunity with career advancement.Description: Locally owned and operated, with more than 100 years of history and a firm focus on the future. Here, you will address the most complex cases with highly advanced care and the latest technology. You can participate in research and pioneering procedures that no other organization in the state offers. Join a team with a mission of leading healthcare in patient care, education and research.
- Level 1 Trauma Center Transfusion Services
- State-of-the-art Laboratory
- The Laboratory is accredited by the College of American Pathologists, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, American Association of Blood Banks and the American Society of Histocompatibility and Immunology
Improve transfusion safety through education, active surveillance of the transfusion process, coordination of patient blood management and quality improvement activities.
- Participates in performance improvement activities and supports the hospital in meeting JCAHO, AABB, and CAP accreditation standards.
- Coordinates and tracks all functions of the hospital Patient Blood Management Program.
- Implements patient-centered, evidence-based solutions to minimize adverse events related to transfusion.
- Participates in the development of policies related to blood administration, consent and guidelines for optimizing utilization and transfusion safety.
- Monitors and assesses the efficiency and efficacy of patient care delivery and utilization in the area of blood management.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors required in Physician Assistant, BSN or Medical Technologist MT
- Appropriate licensure for professional classification. MTASCP or SBB (Specialist in Blood Banking) preferred. Advanced certification preferred for RN
- Three years in clinical setting or transfusion medicine
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of laboratory principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of transfusion medicine.
- Ability to organize, analyze and evaluate date related to transfusion medicine and utilization.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.