Trauma Programs Director
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's largest most complex health system and only level 1 trauma center in the state. This is a direct hire, leadership opportunity with a locally owned and managed nonprofit Level 1 Academic University Hospital. The Organization is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth! We are looking for a masters prepared professional who excels in trauma center program management.
Overview: Under limited direction, responsible for the planning, direction, coordination and control of activities associated with the Trauma Program.
- Responsible for the comprehensive Trauma Program, which includes both adult and pediatric programs.
- Develops, recommends and implements policies, procedures and standards for the Trauma Program that support strategic growth and accomplish organizational goals
- Develops and implements annual and long-term strategic plans and budgets
- Responsible for preparing business proposals to improve the capability, efficiency and quality of services provided
- Establishes and monitors productivity and quality assurance targets
- Participates in the organization of the Trauma Control Nursing personnel to delineate authority and functional responsibility to provide effective nursing care.
- Coordinates the activities of the department with other activities of the hospital
- Establishes and maintains effective partnerships with physicians and other healthcare professionals
- Facilitates communications between medical staff and ancillary departments
- Participates in the recruitment and retention of personnel
- Participates in continuing education, leadership development and research programs
- Reviews personnel actions of staff to ensure compliance with applicable rules and effective management practices
- Utilizes established standards to evaluate nursing practice
- Actively contributes to the enforcement and achievement of all required accreditation, professional practices, and/or regulatory standards
- Participates in community, professional and education programs and activities to improve nursing practice and enhance professional relations
- Education: Graduate of an approved school of nursing. Master’s level education required; without a BSN, Master’s level of education must be a MSN
- Experience: Five (5) years’ experience in leadership specific to hospital trauma programs.
- Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: Possession of a current license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time