VDI End User Computer Architect
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's premier academic healthcare institution offering unsurpassed care, teaching, research and technology. This "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth.
- Industry Leading Benefit Plan: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages to include; Empower + Wellbeing programs, Childcare assistance, adoption assistance, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Professional Growth: This hospital provides numerous ways to grow and learn. In addition to tuition reimbursement and continuing education, there are opportunities for professional growth through formal classroom training, online programs and blended learning experiences in leadership development and job specific development.
- Sign on bonus / relocation package eligibility
The Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) / End User Computer Architect is responsible for the design, implementation, and support of virtual desktop and storage technologies and solutions for the health complex, remote clinics, and office buildings. This position will manage data collection, reporting, and trending for all critical systems components and services, and will require collaboration with other technical resources in the health complex to assess and take authorized action on anticipated improvements. Assists in the diagnosis and resolution of the most complex platform incidents and requests that require research and diagnosis, and recommends process changes that improve the implementation, maintenance and support of systems. This position actively participates in strategic planning and 24x7 on-call support with other members of IT staff.
- Lead the design and architecture of secure and scalable EUC & Mobile solutions for the entire enterprise.
- Provide leadership, coordination, and communication for projects involving systems solutions. This includes, but may not be limited to, the design, implementation, and deployment of various systems technologies within the enterprise. This position is responsible for defining scope of various projects, ensures that all deliverables are met, and adheres to and supports IT policies and
- Responsible achieving alignment and continuity between enterprise, business and IT strategies, leveraging existing systems investments and providing scalable options as business requirements necessitate a need for change. This requires the VDI / End User Compute Architect to keep abreast of the latest systems and storage technologies, services, and components, actively facilitate communication between the business and IT, and provide coordination to a team of resources assigned to accomplish specific technical tasks.
- Produce high-level and low-level design documents, ensuring alignment with defined requirements and business goals.
- Develop and maintain policies, architectures, frameworks, roadmaps, and standards that deliver the strategic IT goals, business priorities, and comply with technical and industry/regulatory standards.
- Ensure consistency across EUC & Mobile projects by providing oversight and advice, ensuring compliance with objectives and strategy. Escalate potential non-compliance issues.
- Determine EUC & Mobile project requirements by evaluating strategies in conjunction with the Director, Infrastructure Architecture and other key stakeholders.
- Develop innovative Infrastructure architectures and roadmaps that are fit for purpose and ensure cost effective delivery of IT strategy and business priorities.
- Proactively identify problems, risks and areas for improvement across the Infrastructure, EUC & Mobile estate.
- Assess emerging industry trends; anticipate and develop strategic Infrastructure, EUC & Mobile solutions to exploit for business benefit.
- Define high level migration plans to address gaps between current and future state.
- Ensure a detailed set of documentation is maintained, in conjunction with the IT Operations team.
- Develop governance, assurance, and standards to ensure architecture compliance.
- Participate in Architecture Review Board governance for project solutions.
- Embed IT security and compliance requirements in IT architecture standards, working with IT Security and Compliance group.
- Guide and technically coach IT Administrators, Engineers and Architects on both new technical implementations and ongoing management.
- Accountable for a specific area of interest(s) including but not restricted to EUC & Mobile, Cloud & Collaboration and operational IT infrastructure
- Work cooperatively and flexibly with colleagues in a high performing team taking ‘collective responsibility’ for achieving goals of Enterprise Infrastructure domain.
- Interface with Enterprise Architects, IT Service Management & Operations, IT stakeholder managers, IT executive, key infrastructure providers such as Microsoft, external stakeholders and other bodies.
- Maintain confidentiality and protect sensitive data at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience: 5 or more years of experience designing and implementing a range of End User computing technologies required. Experience with hospital / healthcare environment preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: Professional qualifications, such as TOGAF and Microsoft (MS) MCSE, VMware VCP-DTM preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Extensive experience as an End-user computing engineer and administrator, a leader in defining and implementing technical solutions.
- Strong experience designing and implementing desktop management technologies; MS SCCM, WSUS, Endpoint Manager.
- Experience designing and implementing virtualized desktop solutions (VDI/VDS/Horizon View).
- Working knowledge of Modern Deployment technologies; Microsoft Managed Desktop (MMD), Endpoint Manager, AutoPilot
- Strong experience with command-line shell and scripting languages, specifically Windows PowerShell.
- Experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM and MAM) and BOYD; MS Intune, AirWatch; iOS and Android.
- Implementation and administration experience across a range of desktop security technologies; client VPN, Firewalls, Anti-virus.
- Strong experience with design and administration of related supporting technologies; DNS, DHCP, Active Directory.
- Working knowledge of enterprise grade network, wireless and voice technologies and their interaction with End-User devices.
- Experience with technology modernization, upgrading from previous generation hardware and migration to Cloud-based solutions.
- Experience in research, analysis and introduction of emerging technologies to solve real-world business problems.
- Previous experience defining strategy, roadmaps and architectural direction, harnessing innovation for business benefit.
- Previous experience building, maintaining, and influencing relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Highly driven, collaborative, analytical and a problem-solving leader. Able to work with technical and non-technical staff.
- Demonstrable experience working across multiple IT infrastructure functions (including Operations, Delivery and Architecture).
- Active Directory, Group Policy, and their use for managing user and computer objects
- Windows 10 Enterprise operating system features, settings and installation
- VMware App Volumes
- VMware Dynamic Environment Manager (DEM formerly known as UEM)
- vRealize for Horizon View
- Imprivata SSO/IDG
- Basic networking concepts such as DHCP, DNS, IP Addressing, Subnets, and VLANs
- PowerShell proficiency
- Ability to shift priorities and manage change with a positive outcome
- Provide outstanding client service, meet high quality standards for services and meet or exceed client expectations. Proactive in seeking innovative ways in which to help others
- Strong problem-solving skills, takes initiative and uses good judgment, excellent follow-up skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization and collaborate well in a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), professional demeanor and presentation
- High attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage time effectively
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines, effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Recognize confidential, sensitive, and proprietary information and maintain such information as confidential
- Using Windows PE to customize, install, and deploy Windows 10 with appropriate drivers to virtualized platforms
- Creating and modifying task sequences to install core business applications and features based on platform and user roles
- Managing settings for Windows 10, Office, and third-party applications using Group Policy and User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) native and third-party templates
- Experience with Infrastructure and End-User automation and orchestration toolsets, zero-touch deployments.
- Experience with a range of Cloud computing technologies, most specifically MS Azure and Azure AD.
- Experience with Microsoft Unified Communications platforms (UCaaS), Microsoft Teams.
- Working knowledge of Skype for Business (3PIP) and Microsoft Teams certified phones.
- Working knowledge of HP, Dell, VMware, Linux and Microsoft compute, storage and operating system solutions.
- Knowledge of Cloud-based and On-Prem large package implementations and software delivery, e.g. SAP.
- Experience with Hospital / Healthcare Provider industry processes, systems, and information.
- Demonstrable experience working within EA frameworks, and utilizing EA tools, e.g. BiZZdesig