VDI/End User Computer Engineer
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's premier academic healthcare institution offering unsurpassed care, teaching, research and technology. This "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth.
- Industry Leading Benefit Plan: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages to include; Empower + Wellbeing programs, Childcare assistance, adoption assistance, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Professional Growth: This hospital provides numerous ways to grow and learn. In addition to tuition reimbursement and continuing education, there are opportunities for professional growth through formal classroom training, online programs and blended learning experiences in leadership development and job specific development.
- Sign on bonus / relocation package eligibility
The Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) /End User Computer Engineer is responsible for assisting in the design, implementation, and support of virtualization systems and solutions for hospital, remote clinics, and office buildings. This position assists in the diagnosis and resolution of the most complex platform incidents and requests that require research and diagnosis, and recommends process changes that improve the implementation, maintenance, and support of systems security. Assists systems engineering, architecture, and leadership in the coordination, and communication for projects involving infrastructure solutions. This includes, but may not be limited to, the design, implementation, and deployment of various infrastructure technologies within the enterprise.
- Designs and maintains master images for persistent and non-persistent desktops
- Maintain and troubleshoot Group Policy as it applies to virtual desktop management
- Engineering, documenting, delivering and maintaining the vSphere environment
- Maintain computer and user groups in Active Directory as they apply to virtual desktops
- Engineering, documenting, delivering and maintaining VMware Horizon View servers in accordance with customer specifications and security guidelines
- Diagnosing and resolving performance, security and/or technical challenges related to vSphere and Horizon View
- Performing requirements gathering and analysis of user workflows to integrate with Horizon View
- Participating in processes throughout all phases of the ITIL Service Lifecycle
- Keeps up to date on builds, patches and security fixes available for workstation Operating System
- Recommends and implements ways of improving our VDI architecture
- Assists with other department activities as needed, and performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: None required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: 3 or more years of VDI/End User experience required. Experience in hospital or healthcare environment preferred.
Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: None required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in creating and maintaining VDI master images
- Experience with vSphere including vSAN and vCenter.Active Directory, Group Policy, and their use for managing user and computer objects
- Windows 10 Enterprise operating system features, settings and installation
- VMware App Volumes
- VMware Dynamic Environment Manager (DEM formerly known as UEM)
- vRealize for Horizon View
- Imprivata SSO/IDG
- Basic networking concepts such as DHCP, DNS, IP Addressing, Subnets, and VLANs
- PowerShell proficiency
- Ability to shift priorities and manage change with a positive outcome
- Provide outstanding client service, meet high quality standards for services and meet or exceed client expectations. Proactive in seeking innovative ways in which to help others
- Strong problem-solving skills, takes initiative and uses good judgment, excellent follow-up skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization and collaborate well in a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), professional demeanor and presentation
- High attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage time effectively
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines, effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Recognize confidential, sensitive, and proprietary information and maintain such information as confidential
- Using Windows PE to customize, install, and deploy Windows 10 with appropriate drivers to virtualized platforms
- Creating and modifying task sequences to install core business applications and features based on platform and user roles
- Managing settings for Windows 10, Office, and third-party applications using Group Policy and User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) native and third-party templates
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.