Vice President of Business Development
We are seeking a strategically and operationally experienced Vice President of Business Development to collaborate with the CEO, the Company’s Business Line, and Functional leadership team in leading the Company in its strategy to actively pursue and grow our presence in government and commercial aviation in the U.S Army market space. This role will require a seasoned and accomplished leader with substantial business development and operational expertise along with a demonstrated record of winning new business within the Army market segment of the Aerospace and Defense industry.
The VPBD will serve as senior leader for all U.S. Army business development efforts. Responsible for developing priorities and action plans to meet company business growth goals in a balanced manner. In addition, the individual is responsible for ensuring best-in-class business pursuits to achieve operating plan objectives. The VPBD is responsible for developing and implementing strategic pursuits within and across all business lines.
- Develop an Army Aviation business vision, win strategy, and a robust pursuit pipeline, and lead the BD team and its business partners in effective execution.
- Build strong relationships with key Army customer influencers across the enterprise, and develop a detailed understanding of their issues, challenges, and opportunities.
- Seek out strategic partnerships to expand the company's reach beyond traditional revenue channels.
- Acts as an entrepreneurial business partner with the CEO and corporate team, providing insights, recommendations, strategy, and business development thought leadership to assist competitive organic and strategic growth to help expand and broaden the business development thought leadership to assist competitive organic and strategic growth to help expand and broaden the business base.
- Represent the company in the conduct of official business and responds to customer needs, desires, and expectations to satisfy company goals and generate growth.
- Plan and execute winning strategic pursuits, support strategic pursuits, improve capture and proposal discipline by supporting the development of capture/proposal professionals and driving capture excellence and continuous improvement across the capture/proposal process phases.
- Cultivate and nurture strategic partnerships with outside organizations that improve and/or complement the company's offering in the marketplace.
- Building mutually beneficial relationships with government and commercial organizations, conducting presentations, understanding customer needs and proposing cost-benefit solutions, and identifying new opportunities.
- Proactively sourcing new customer opportunities through research and penetration into emerging markets.
- Developing and Managing relationships and activities with new and existing agents with strong industry networks to collect and document intelligence about the customer, procurement, competition, and price.
- Evaluate and conduct complex operational, financial, and risk analyses of business opportunities.
- Functions as an advisor to Capture and Proposal Teams regarding tasks, projects, and operations. Become actively involved in daily proposal development operations when required to meet schedules or to resolve complex problems.
- Moving opportunities through the business development and proposal processes, collaborating with leadership, technical, financial, and contracts support personnel engaged in business capture and proposal development processes.
- Presenting executive-level presentations to leadership and maintaining Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions.
- Attends trade shows, industry meetings, and events to develop relationships with potential new customers, obtain market information, and represent the company to the industry.
- Extend the company's brand via opportunities, and fostering corporate/community responsibilities.
Education and Certifications
- A BS degree in a relevant discipline, an advanced degree (MBA, Masters in a relevant major) is highly preferred.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the Top Secret level.
Skills and Experience Required
- Direct active duty experience in the Army Aviation program or civil service experience, having held senior leadership positions in Operational and Acquisitions organizations is required.
- 10 Years demonstrated experience working in/or in support of the Army Aviation-related communities or progressive growth to a senior level position within a Business Development Corporate organization is required.
- A strong network of contacts throughout Army Leadership and familiarity with the Acquisition organizations of the US Government.
- Demonstrated accomplishment with complex problem solving, risk analysis, and contract review and negotiation.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment. Experience building, leading and mentoring high-performance direct reports and matrix teams. Empowers, motivates, and encourages the team to continuously improve while creating a feeling of strong camaraderie and mission achievement.