Wiring Diagram and Harness Design Engineer
Engineering, Electrical, Wiring Diagrams, Harnesses Detailed Design, Routing, and Installation
Be able to organize work and document effort.
The experience that enables start to finish execution of wiring design and implementation.
- Design conceptual wiring diagrams
- Design, document, and release detailed wiring diagrams
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) segregation routes as a function of the signal type
- Define distance segregation routes depending on the types of signal
- Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) protection implementation
- Electrical integration
- Wires/cables size calculation to satisfy aircraft environmental requirements
- Wires/cables selection to satisfy signal type, current, voltage, EMC and EMI aircraft requirements
- Proficient in selecting Connectors and Backshells
- Support technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total harness air vehicle design
- Lead Development of total harness modeling product to include: Harness 3-D modeling and space claims, overall air vehicle routing and integration concept, wire harness drawings and schematic creation, and associated documentation of cable harnesses.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total harness subsystem solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
Candidate should be familiar with:
- MIL-W-5088 (Wiring Aerospace Vehicle)
- MIL-DTL-38999 (Connectors, Electrical Circular)
- MIL-C-81659 (Connectors, Electrical Rectangular)
- MIL-DTL-24308 (Connectors, Electric, Rectangular, Non-environmental, Miniature)
- MIL-DTL-5015 (Connectors, Electrical, Circular Threaded)
- MIL-DTL-83723 (Connectors, Electrical, Circular, Environment Resisting and Hermetically Sealed)
- MIL-C-39029 (Contacts, Electrical Connector)
- MIL-T-81714 (Terminal Junction System)
- EN2266-008, EN2266-009 (Multicore Jacketed)
- EN2267-010A (Single Cores)
- EN2714-012, EN2714-013, EN2714-014 (Screened Jacket Cables)
- EN4064 (Coaxial Cables)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Related Field and 8 years of applied experience
- Experience working in hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) or system integration labs (SIL)
- Extensive experience with design, document, and release of detailed wiring diagrams, harnesses, and harness installations.
- Familiar with Harness Related Mil Specs
- Experience in developing and maintaining requirements and technical documentation
- Extensive experience with various software programs for designing conceptual wiring diagrams, detailed wiring diagrams, harnesses, and harness routing
- Must have strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Related Field and 13 years of applied experience
- Experience in analog to digital and digital to analog converters, power supply components, analog testing/troubleshooting techniques, and signal integrity, layout, and grounding principles
- Applied experience with hard real-time operating systems and embedded systems>
- Broad understanding of instrumentation, interfaces, and sensors including data acquisition, Power Supplies, Oscilloscopes, Discrete I/O, General Purpose I/O, RS-422, RS-232, ARINC-429, CANBus, switch technologies and topologies, accelerometers, Resistive Temperature Detectors (RTDs), and thermocouples
- Able to prioritize, execute and delegate tasks in an exciting, fast passed, dynamic environment
Preferred Tools / Process Experience
- CATIA V5 EHI (Electrical Harness Installation)
- Wiring diagram design with SEE-Electrical, Creo Schematic, and Creo Parametric or similar software
- Experience in setting up, or modifying wiring design processes.
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare with Dental and Vision plans
- STD & LTD
DRG Professional Services partners with industry leaders nationwide to attract exceptional professionals from around the country. Always ensuring our focus is on guiding professionals toward the best possible career decisions, developing relationships over the long term and guaranteeing DRG Professional Services remains top of mind for leading recruitment.
DRG Professional Services is the commercial recruitment division of the Delaware Resource Group - a leading Native American owned defense contractor based in Oklahoma City. This division was formed with the vision of bringing DRG's excellence and experience in workforce solutions to commercial markets globally. Professional Services specializes in Professional Recruitment, Executive Search and customized Workforce Contract/Subcontract solutions; focusing talents and extensive network primarily in the Medical, Financial Services, Information Technology, Aerospace & Defense industries.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.